Friday 28 March 2014

Spending Ban Update


Hi there!

I did it! I lasted the month! I'm actually really shocked that I did it, I was sure I would have caved and bought something haha. Unfortunately though as I said in my last spending ban post my spending habits were getting a little out of hand so as I used this month to pay off my credit card bill for all my recent purchases I don't feel I really got to reem the benefits of the spending ban and feeling like I had saved any money. 

So if you read my original spending ban post you may be shocked to hear I have actually decided to extend the ban! 

This ban has not been easy, and if you follow me on twitter you might have seen ASOS were doing their best to tempt me! 50% off petite really?! and then extra 20% off sale! It's always extra 10% I can't believe they did extra 20% when I'm on a spending ban! There were tears in my eyes haha.

I have been deleting all my emails to avoid temptation but sometimes the deal is in the subject so it was really difficult but I resisted go me! I am an absolute sucker for a discount code, I am that person who must buy something just because there's 10% off even though I'm saving like £2 haha. 

I'm not 100% how long I am extending it for yet, I will just see how I go, but will be at least another 2 weeks as I would like to aim for at least 6 weeks. 

I'm really glad I have done the spending ban, it has been hard but I'm hoping it will restrict my spending habbits in the future and taught me I have enough products and don't really need anything else, and so when I do buy new make up it should just be now and again as a little treat! I have got on just fine doing my make up all month without having to buy anything new so I have to remember that. I'm not going to lie I have a wishlist as long as my arm! but I am going to try my best to keep my spending at bay.

Have you been on a spending ban recently? How did you get on?


3 comments:

  1. Well done lovely, keep at it! :)
    You can do it :) xx
    www.nicolabishopx.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done lovely.

    Chloe // throughchloeslens.wordpress.com x

    ReplyDelete